Sunday, August 9, 2009

Holla San Marcos

In the month's Texas Monthly, the Root cellar Cafe got a mention. "It's easy to miss this little gem, tucked away off the square. The atmosphere is hippie romantic, the walls are stone, and there are lots of wine bottles and eclectic art scattered about. We enjoyed our lunch, a sandwich called the Holy Aioli: citrus-marinated chicken breast pounded thin, served warm on ciabatta, drenched in scrumptious cilantro ailoli, and topped with tomato and melted provolone. Natives say breakfasts are excellent, especially on Sundays."

I never ate breakfast there, much less on a Sunday. Can anyone solve the mystery for me concerning this phrase, "breakfasts are excellent, especially on Sundays?"

3 comments:

Amelia said...

You know, I can't remember. I know I had breakfast there and I think it was a waffle. I'm not sure if it was Sunday.

The holy aioli was darn good, though. And the sandwich with ham and apples on that seed bread. I miss that place. Maybe during the winter it is the center of some universe.

cdee said...

I always thought it'd be a great place to ride out a hurricane if it was closer to the coast. A fun place for an unexpected sleep over.

molfe said...

I always pictured what my things would look like in there - where my couch would go, etc.