Thursday, July 31, 2008

Question

I just received in the mail a solicitation to purchase season tickets for Texas State Football. On the front page of the pamphlet, under a montage of celebrating helmet-clad youths, is the tag:

"BOBCAT PRIDE: THE ULTIMATE TEST DRIVE."

My question: what will this test drive prepare me to buy? Some other type of pride, perhaps? A more ultimate pride? Or do I have to commit to Bobcat Bobcat?

I'm thinking of starting a monthly reading series. It's a lot of work.

4 comments:

cdee said...

I'm jealous. I only receive the occasional solicitations for contributions.

I sort of got my first TX driver's license today, and I'm unnaturally proud. Many of you probably already knew this, but here you get a piece of paper, similar to a learner's permit for the first few weeks and then they mail you the plastic one with your picture later. I was shocked; in AR you get it that day, kind of like the miss congeniality award for standing in line a few hours and behaving yourself, not shooting the clerk behind the counter who stands around and talks to his friends, never daring to gaze upon the empty computer he should be sitting in front of, never daring to make eye contact with those in line.

jack said...

why is it a test drive? why not a real drive?

rebecca said...

Katya has mentioned interest in starting a reading series as well...you may want to contact her.

Amelia said...

Katya and I have been talking, Owen too. I haven't heard from K in a bit, Owen's eager to get involved. Exciting! More details above.