Thursday, April 30, 2009

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

Announcing the winner of the 2008 Ronald Sukenick American Book Review Prize for Innovative Fiction hosted by FC2 (Fiction Collective Two):

Amelia Gray's Museum of the Weird

Judge Lidia Yuknavitch chose Museum of the Weird out of 175 entries. Along with winning the prize money, Amelia's book is slated for a Spring/Summer 2010 release.
A piercing collection, as poetic as it is poignant, Museum of the Weird will be available for teaching in the Fall 2010 semester.

Congratulations Amelia!!

Okay, y'all: I know I sent several of you a suggestive text message about checking the blog tomorrow, but fuck it--I couldn't wait to post this. Do you know how hard it was to glad-hand at the reading and clap and smile at the base ball game?

Congrats again, Amelia! I love it when a bobcat roars!

8 comments:

wabby said...

Rock on!!!

wabby said...

This is weird. I had a dream last night about people's facebook status updates and in my dream Amelia, yours said something like "amelia refuses to talk about submissions right now." And I posted "What about movie rights?"

molfe said...

SUPER FANTASTIC!!

Amelia said...

Holy crap, thanks, guys. This is so weird and great. Abby, before I saw your comment here I had a dream about making a status update about this on facebook. Synchronicity. Hearts.

Carmen, I was very serious in my babbling frenzy that we have to raise a glass soon. I can wait until you're moved into the house if I gotta but then please prepare for visitors!

cdee said...

Awesome! We'll drink before the move, but I still want you to come afterwards too.

cdee said...

p.s. We have the official notice up on the fc2 website.
www.fc2.org
click on 2008 Ron. Sukenick Prize

rebecca said...

Amelia, that's awesome! You're a rock star!

beards said...

this is great