Monday, November 5, 2007

Mempho

This weekend Jack and Abby stayed with me in Jonesboro, so they could attend SCMLA which was hosted in Memphis, TN. Here's some things we did:
1) they brought me breakfast tacos and I ate them
2) we smoked a lot of cigarettes
3) took a driving tour of Arkansas State University
4) checked out AR 's impressive display of Fall colors at the local park
5) heard Jack give an awesome paper
6) marveled at the stupidity and lack of etiquette of some panel attendees
7) drank at The Flying Saucer
8) roamed Beale Street
9) considered getting our group photo made in a ten foot chair
10) watched an elderly man fall off the curb and smack his face on the pavement
11) ate catfish
12) watched the movie Art School Confidential
13) met Jack's best friend, Adrian

It was soooooo much fun and exactly the break I needed this late in the semester.

6 comments:

cdee said...

And, the part I forgot to type at the end:
what did the rest of you do this weekend?

Amelia said...

My weekend was a blur of whiskey, Hungarians, and sexual tension. Goulash was involved.

Unrelated: Is anyone interested in doing a web-writing assignment for a little extra money? It's not much but the assignment looks simple enough. E-mail me for more info.

cdee said...

Another aside:
Amelia, Have you read Mary Robison's Oh!

I read it recently and thought about you a lot. Thought you might like it.

Your weekend sounds like it was fun too!

Amelia said...

I have not! Thanks for the recommend.

jack said...

I do have a good eye for best friends, don't I?

wabby said...

Yes.
(Last night Jack and I were labeling things with our ESL students and I labeled Jack "Friend". And our students refered to Jack as my friend the rest of the night.)
For some reason I woke up laughing about that this morning.
Memphis and Jonesboro rocked. It made me miss us. All of us together, you know?