Sunday, July 1, 2007

joyce help

it's shameful, but this is my first time through "Dubliners." really. i mean, i'd read a couple of the stories, but this is my first time to read them for real. does anyone have any leftover notes and/or suggestions for good outside resources for me? There's a ton of stuff out there on the net, but i'm not so into sparknotes, and TSU's library sucks.

i'm also reading Yeats for the first time.

also, i got all the way through a masters in english without ever taking a class in shakespearian lit. also, i've never read moby dick. or the crucible.

3 comments:

wabby said...

I hope I still have a reading list with a few classics on it when I die.
Look the stories up by story title on JSTor or MLA. And check your email. I think you are over thinking this class. You are a smarty pants.

molfe said...

i'm reading the grapes of wrath for the first time (and getting paid!) i've never read moby dick, pilgrim's progress, scarlet letter, oh my god the list is endless, but i think i'm most embarrassed about the holy bible. i want to hear from others...

Sarah said...

I've never read Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway, Plath's Bell Jar, James' Daisy Miller, and MOBY DICK!!