Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last Day in San Marcos

It looks like it's not going to rain for the move tomorrow, which is great, though hopefully the truck bed won't be too damp from the rains happening tonight.

Today I'm going to get one last haircut from Monty at Calcutta's. I'm going to try to sell some shoes to the angry woman at Retro Vintage, then I'll drive out to the Goodwill with the good book selection and drop off another load of donations. Tonight's the last night we can see Grindhouse at the $1.50 theater, and I'm willing to go see it again if my life is in boxes by then. If anyone wants a half-filled Zooka's card, or a half-filled Mochas & Javas card, or Monty's phone number, or a mosquito coil, or some tokens for a laundromat you can use for free if you break in through the screen window, let me know. These treasures become worthless at the city limits.

I've promised free Home Slice to my happy helpers tomorrow, and anyone who wants to come by for post-move pizza and beer should e-mail me for my new address.

My flash project continues. It's daunting to change style twice a day, and my last few attempts have settled into a "Woody Allen circa Without Feathers" kind of tone. Gotta pull out of that one. Here's 5/23 AM, by request:

There's no rule saying you have to be a child to compete in the Westbrook Elementary School Science Fair! I read the Rules and Regulations very closely! I spent approximately twenty-two hours on my volcano, which I have named Nancy! I put her chemicals in bottles I labeled with my calligraphy pen! When I arrived, holding Nancy aloft, the women at the check-in desk admired my work aloud and asked me who I was bringing this project in for and I said I am entering this category for myself, please! My name is Donald and this is Nancy! And they did laugh and one of the women made a clicking noise with her fingernails on the table because she wouldn't recognize ambition if it slapped her in the face!

4 comments:

molfe said...

i'll take the mochas and javas stamp card. maybe have a look at those books, too.

san marcos won't be the same without you, ms. gray. onward!

wabby said...

no do not leave. do not give michael the mochas y javas card. i can't stand this place without you.

Sarah said...

I am writing this comment post-leaving-keys-in-car-right-before we-move-you-to-Austin. I am home now and hopefully you are on your way to getting done. I will be there when i get back from Dallas for post-move pizza (delivery from Conans) and beer.

jack said...

i like you.