Friday, May 11, 2007

Lets Stay Together

I don't care about the title. I don't care about the layout.

But I don't want to lose you people. Ever. So before we all go make some history--lets make a blog.

When you get published, when you get agents and awards, when you read a phenominal book or story, when you get jobs or babies or therapists or whatever we are supposted to get now that we are masters--I want to be one of the first to know. I want always to know what state you live in and what town in that state.

I also think we all maybe need a little extra support right now. It being a time of transition.

And it might be kind of useful to have a place to post questions like--I'm working on a humorous death scene--anybody read any good short stories with funny deaths in it? Or why does the attached dialogue from the first chapter of my novel seem stilted?

And I took a ton of pictures this weekend so once I figure out how, It would be fun to share them here.

I thought it would be nice to make us--2007 graduates (Amelia, Bearden, Carmen, Jack, Michael, Sarah, Rebecca, Tracy and me) all modirators, add the others who started in 2004 with us when they graduate, and keep it focused on fiction writers and craft. We can and should encourage the poet-graduates to post and to start their own blog we can link to.

So will you be a co-moderator if I (with the help of my trusty computer savy masters JackandWolfe) can figure out how to do this?

4 comments:

molfe said...

orange on black hurts my eyes. otherwise i'm in. because, Wow, we graduated you guys! And bobcats are unique!

jack said...

Should I talk about how it's depressing to take my signature off the bottom of my gmail account? and how all i want to do right now is smoke? i should go get some candy.

candy.

bearden said...

I start Home Depot (cashier) on Saturday.

Amelia said...

I'm not getting callbacks. No interviews. Failing the first round picks. It seems the rumors are true.