Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Big Royalty Check

My story, "I'll Pay You Back When I Get Home," was just accepted by Menda City Review. It will go online the day of the next full moon, Oct. 26. They will pay me $4.20, or I can choose to donate that money to help save children. Um, here are some Van Morrison lyrics:

I'm waiting for my royalty check to come, and it still hasn't come yet.
It's about a year overdue. I guess it's coming from the big royalty check in the sky.
I waited and the mailman never dropped it in my letter box.

Oh oww uh ow ow ow

I guess it's a big royalty check in the sky.

Ooohh, baby.

But you caaaan't.....beee the tax man, and me, all at once.

9 comments:

rebecca said...

Congratulations, Molfe.
Take the money. You know you want to.

wabby said...

Whoot! I can't wait to see Lizard again.
Hooray!!!!

Amelia said...

Nice!

jack said...

did that end up being the title of your thesis? or what?

i'm going to send that link to everyone i know.

bearden said...

Wolfe, this is great.

molfe said...

Thanks, everyone.

Jack, the title of my thesis is A Sudden Blow. It's all Tim Kerlin's fault.

cdee said...

Congrats. Does $4 really do lot for kids? on other hand, that almost buys a pack of cigarettes for you.

cdee said...

p.s.

and that home page is pretty great too!

rebecca said...

I read the story...I love it. What a treat, since I missed out on workshop with y'all.