Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Feast of Love


I saw Feast of Love over the weekend with my mother. I think Baxter would be truly proud of this movie. In my opinion, it was damn good. After the movie ended, everyone just kind of sat there, soaking up the message. Myself included, even though I already knew what was going to happen from the novel. True, it was mostly middle-aged woman in the theater, but I'll take it. In Amelia's words: hot stuff.

Excellently casted. Adaptation was spot on save for a few details. The brilliant last line from the novel made it into the movie: "And so, we begin again." Soundtrack was mellow and enticing. Go see it.

By the way you guys, it's gloriously open.

5 comments:

molfe said...

I THOUGHT IT WAS AWFUL!! Abby and I laughed out loud more than once. But probably I'm just a dick. I should also note that me and Abby's movie track record is like 0 for 10.

I didn't like it because it didn't capture the layers of the novel, nor did it offer alternative points-of-view. I would have much preferred a four part which, I think, could have reflected a bit more insight.

The music was great; the shooting stars not so great.

cdee said...

Saturday afternooon, tomorrow, I'm going to see this movie finally. I can't wait!

cdee said...

I loved it. I bawled like I hadn't read the book. Morgan Freeman rules. I did find Selma Blair a little awkward, but other than that I loved it. Have I mentioned that I loved it? Does this sound like a student paper?

wabby said...

I'm so glad for baxter that you guys liked it and found it to be a good translation.

We all loved this book so much. It is funny what we bring to it. Funny what we wanted from the movie.

I think I missed punk chloe most. Although bradly's paintings and Harry's depth were also sorely missed.

jack said...

i don't know what to say here, except that the line about "the crazy dream world" really made me feel uncomfortable. and then greg kinnear said it again, just as earnestly.

frankly, i was sorely disappointed in the movie. i think i just wanted the same experience i had with the book, and i didn't get it.

that DOES NOT mean, however, that i didn't bawl like a baby when oscar bit it in the back of the car. i was crying. in the theatre.