Friday, June 22, 2007

I tend to go big when I get lazy

I freelance writing some marketing copy, ok? Check out this blurb rewrite I have to do about fashion schools in Nevada.

Hi, Sarah,

I’m sending this blurb back for a rewrite, along with the assignment spreadsheet. My concern is that you’ve made a lot of sweeping generalizations, which the request specifically warned against. Statements like “Because it's a fashion epicenter, Nevada is spilling over with fashion schools." is, at best, unsubstantiated. As a lifelong Nevada resident, I can say with all confidence that it’s NOT a fashion epicenter, and that it almost certainly is NOT “spilling over” with fashion schools.” However, this doesn’t mean a manifest lack of opportunities for Nevada-based fashion designers (you made good mention of big-name boutiques in Vegas, for example). Do a little more research on fashion opportunities in the area. Reread the request, follow the instructions, and send the blurb back ASAP. Feel free to write me with any questions you may have about content, formatting, research, etc.

Best,

THE MAN



Now, then. You Guys. Freelancing.

I'm Just Saying.

p.s. Ms. Gray, you KNOW who sent me this.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Ha!

cdee said...

What about this instead:
Everyone in today's society knows that most people in Vegas are either prostitutes or drug dealers. Still, these morally questionable occupations have led to fine fashion trends, such as the A-line skirt cut off at the girl-parts and the pleated pant with matching overcoat. Modern citizens would do well to mimic these fashion templates, and then maybe everyone could make money, just like the prostitutes and drug dealers do.

Sarah said...

cdee-oh my god. that is the best thing i ever read. you could totally do my job.