Thursday, June 14, 2007

Once upon a mini-workshop

I heard one of our workshop leaders talking about this, and I just thought it was one of those writer rumors. I remember thinking that it would make a funny comedy sketch for an improv troup or SNL. But no, Tim never lies. The Quills are here...
Check out the nominees. Check out the categories. What is going on? Who are these people and what is going to happen when they get on television? Can writers be sincere on television? Besides the big names (you know, dorrie greenspan and amy sedaris and old cormac mcC) which books have we collectively read? Who is hosting the central texas party when this crashes into our televisions? I'm saving up for some top shelf tequilla.

4 comments:

wabby said...

OOPS--
Apparantly this will be the third annual quill awards ceremony. It all started in 2005. Did anyone know this?

Amelia said...

I've never heard of it! I'm fully prepared to stuff myself full of junkfood and watch the awards show, though.

Wolfe and I are trying to decide if the guy in this coffee shop is Morgan Spurlock. He totally just said "Vince Vaughn" so I'm voting yes!

molfe said...

Amelia is eating goldfish (crackers) and can't take her eyes off of him. I say no because a google image search does not show him wearing an earring, but I'm daring her to approach him, touch him even. Talking is not required.

Sarah said...

Love is a Mix Tape . . .

Guh.

Worst. Title. Ever.